121ST U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL QUALIFYING
MONDAY, JUNE 7, 2021
Rolling Hills CC
1 Chandler Ranch Road
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, & GUIDELINES:
- All players will participate in a 36-hole stroke-play qualifier.
- Qualifiers will advance to the 121st U.S. Open Championship at Torrey Pines GC in La Jolla, CA on June 17 – 20, 2021.
- The final number of qualifying spots will be available from the Committee on the day of play.
- In the event of a tie for the last qualifying place or an alternate’s position, there will be a hole-by-hole playoff immediately following the conclusion of regular play.
Players must register with SCGA/USGA staff upon arrival on Monday morning. The registration table will be located near the main practice facilities.
STARTING TIMES & PAIRINGS:
- Starting times and pairings for both rounds will be e-mailed to players and posted on scga.org one week in advance of the qualifier.
- Players are encouraged to arrive at their assigned tee well in advance of their starting time, as the SCGA starter will have information to discuss with each player in the group. Furthermore, players arriving late will be penalized under Rule 5.3a of the Rules of Golf. For example, the 9:00 a.m. starting time is defined as 9:00:00, and players arriving after that time are considered late. Lead groups should plan to be at their assigned tee 10 minutes in advance of their starting time. Subsequent groups are encouraged to arrive once the preceding group has teed off.
TEES & YARDAGE:
- Play will be from the USGA tee markers, which will generally correspond with the club’s platinum yardages.
- Hole-by-hole yardages may be found on the Event Portal.
- Course Rating: 73.8 / Slope: 135 / 7,065 yards / Par 72.
- Rolling Hills CC will generously host one complimentary practice round for each player.
- Practice rounds will be available on Tuesday – Friday, May 25 – 28, and on Monday – Thursday, May 31 – June 3. Practice rounds will be issued on a space available basis at the sole discretion of the club.
- Contestants must contact the club in advance to arrange a practice round at (424) 903-0000.
- Contestants must wait to call the club until Saturday, May 22.
- Caddies may attend practice rounds but may not play.
- If players wish to ride during the practice round, the cart fee will be $40 per player.
- In general, the club’s dining facilities will not be available during practice rounds.
- The driving range will be available by 6 a.m. on the day of the qualifier.
- Range balls will be provided on the driving range compliments of Rolling Hills CC.
FOOD SERVICE & PURCHASES:
- The Greenside Grill (located on the lower level of the clubhouse) will be available beginning at 6 a.m.
- Limited breakfast items will be available for purchase, and the Grill will continue to serve throughout the day for players, caddies, and spectators.
- Lunch will be available for purchase between rounds. Players are encouraged to have their caddie, or a spectator, order them food while attesting their scorecard to expedite the process.
- The Halfway House (located adjacent to the 12th tee) will be available from 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Coolers with bottled water and automatic water dispensers will be available throughout the course.
- Credit cards (and in some cases reciprocal charges) will be the only method of payment accepted.
- The locker room will be available from 6 a.m. until the conclusion of play.
RULES OF PLAY:
- The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and The R&A Rules Limited govern play.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition can be found on the USGA Hard Card and the Notice to Players that will be emailed to players the day prior to the qualifier.
- Distance-Measure Devices: Permitted during the qualifying rounds but not at the championship proper.
- One Ball Rule: During an entire round, each ball at which the player makes a stroke must be the same brand and model as found in a single entry on the current List of Conforming Balls. Model Local Rule G-4.
- Groove and Punch Mark Specifications: Local Rule as prescribed in Section 8 of the Committee Procedures is in effect, except as modified by the applicable championship Entry Application. Model Local Rule G-2.
- Prohibiting Use of Certain Types of Shoes: During a round, a player must not wear shoes with spikes of any design that are entirely or partially made of metal, if such metal may come into contact with the course. Model Local Rule G-7.
- Information on Green-Reading Materials can be found here.
- Click here to review the SCGA Pace of Play Policy.
GOLF CARTS & PULL/PUSH CARTS:
- During a round, a player must not ride on any form of motorized transportation except as authorized or later approved by the Committee. Model Local Rule G-6.
- Players seeking to use a golf cart due to a medical or ADA-related reason must make arrangements with the USGA in advance of the qualifier.
- Pull or push carts are permitted.
CADDIES & SPECTATORS:
- Players may provide their own caddie (see section on Golf Carts).
- Spectators are welcome and encouraged to attend this event. Spectators are not permitted in golf carts and must adhere to all policies set forth by the club.
- Spectators must position themselves in an unobtrusive location, keeping in mind the players in the groups ahead and behind.
- Cell phones should be turned off or set to silent mode while on the property. Placing phone calls on a cell phone is prohibited on all areas of the property except the parking lot.
- Spectators may purchase food and beverage items as outlined above.
- Caddies and spectators must wear face coverings whenever it is not possible to guarantee six feet of distance from another person.
- Live scoring will be available throughout the qualifier at scga.org and usopen.com.
Appropriate golf attire must be worn, including adhering to any club-specific policies.
CANCELATIONS & REFUNDS:
To withdraw for any reason prior to the start of the qualifier, a player must notify the SCGA Championships & Golf Operations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 980-3630 and the USGA Championship Administration Department at (908) 234-2300.